Self-Coached Climber: The Guide to Movement, Training, Performance
- List Price:
- Buy New: $19.90
as of 11/22/2017 21:56 UTC details
- You Save: $17.05 (46%)
- Seller:♣ WCM SHOP ♣
- Sales Rank:49,461
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):7.3 x 0.4 x 9.1
- Publication Date:February 17, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- In full color with 52 practical training exercises designed to advance technique
- Detailed anatomical illustrations explain climbing physiology
- Includes an 85-minute DVD that shows concepts in action
- Self-Coached Climber was named a finalist in the Mountain Exposition Category at the 2007 Banff Mountain Festival.
- Written by Dan Hague and Douglas Hunter, both elite climbers with years of training and teaching experience both out in the open air and in the gyms.
"Still the best book on improving at climbing ... worth every penny and more." -- Dave MacLeod, online climbing coach blog In full color with 52 practical training exercises designed to advance technique Detailed anatomical illustrations explain climbing physiology Includes an 85-minute DVD that shows concepts in action
A dynamic package of training material from a pair of expert coaches, The Self-Coached Climber offers comprehensive instruction, from the basics of gripping holds to specific guidelines for developing a customized improvement plan. Hague and Hunter base their methods on the four fundamental components of all human movement--balance, force, time, and space--and explain how to apply these principles to achieve efficient results. The DVD presents live demonstrations of training exercises and features an original documentary of a 5.14a/b redpoint attempt by Adam Stack and Chris Lindner.
Self-Coached Climber was named a finalist in the Mountain Exposition Category at the 2007 Banff Mountain Festival. For more information go to: http://www.banffmountainfestivals.ca/festivals/2007/book/finalists.asp
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.